Thursday, March 19, 2015

I watched him expand into his huge, hulking, hairless European Werewolf body.

  (Small Fry Chapter 4)

I watched him expand into his huge, hulking, hairless European Werewolf body.  His hands and feet grew into claws, which left heavy imprints in the snow, as his skin hardened into hide over ripples of supernatural muscle.  His bones creaked and cracked, as his bipedal human body adjusted to a four-legged form, with his skull growing a short, stubby snout over razor-sharp jaws.  His eyes were glowing green with his circular pupils turning into narrow slits.
He fell forwards from standing in an upright position on his hind legs, to all-fours.  But before he could run away, I instantaneously phased to stand directly in his path.   I appeared in a bright flash right in front of him.
“Declan!” I cupped his beastly head in the both of my hands.  My dark blue eyes desperately tried to hold his glowing green ones.  “Declan please, let’s just talk about this.”
He snapped his dangerous jaws to try to make me move aside, but I refused to budge. 
NOT NOW! - he thought my way.
“I’m not going to pack my bags and leave.  You just scare me sometimes, especially when I see your behaviour is the same as your kind.  But ultimately I trust you, I do.”
LIKEWISE, B - He emitted a dissatisfied growl, as he replied –YOUR ONE-TRACK MIND DOESN’T JUST SCARE ME, IT PISSES ME OFF!
“Then let’s talk about this -” I tried again. 
But he rose up onto his hind legs so he could tower over his wife.  Like this, he was almost twice my height and three times as wide.  However, I stood my ground, as I looked upon his monstrous appearance.
ADMIT IT, IF YOU EVER HAD TO CHOOSE BETWEEN ME AND THE BABY – he thought bitterly –  I WOULDN’T GET A SECOND GLANCE!
“No…” my eyes watered from my emotional pain as well as the icy air, “…Declan, you’re my mate always and forever.”
THAT’S SUPPOSEDLY WHY YOU CHANGED ME INTO A CIRCULATOR, BUT I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY SIGN OF THIS! – he let out a vicious snarl.
“Then lets go inside and talk about this properly.”  I pleaded, as I started to shiver.  “C’mon Declan, please?”
This gave him pause when he saw me rub my arms to stave off hypothermia.
He picked me up in his two front claws, to lift me into a tight embrace.  I appreciated being squeezed against his hot, hard body, whilst I struggled to wrap my arms about his huge, hulking shoulders.  His hot, wet tongue even licked my stinging cheeks.  But just as I was starting to warm up, he lowered me to my feet again.
GO INSIDE AND SIT BY THE FIRE – he left as his parting thought.
Suddenly, in the speed of light, he bolted off on all-fours out of the snowy yard.  I barely managed to catch a bush quake, from where he brushed past.  The snow sprinkled off the leaves to join the rest on the ground beside.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: