Wednesday, July 2, 2014

“I’ll take care of you and you’ll take care of me and together, we’ll take care of them.”


  (Small Fry Chapter 3)

“There you are!”  He walked out of the kitchen with his hands on his hips.  “I was about to come up there after you.”

“You’re a bossy boots, you know that?”  I poked him in the side.  Next, I fetched my plate of toasted sandwiches sitting on the kitchen bench.  I saw Declan had made himself one too, which I handed to him on my way out.

“What was that squeal, I heard?”  He followed me into the lounge room.  He sat beside on the couch and watched closely, as I began to eat.

“I found Great Grandma’s and Great, Great Grandma’s diaries and photos.”  I said happily.

“Oh,” he sounded surprised, “that’s handy.”

“So I put the box with Nana and Grandpa’s things, beside the trunk with those.  Now my foremothers are all sitting together.”  I joked.

“And talking about how their progeny Bianca Sabre, is finally expecting?”  He smiled softly.

“That would be nice.”  I sighed again.

“Don’t worry, B.”  He patted me on the leg.  “Having our daughters will be just like it’s always been.  I’ll take care of you and you’ll take care of me and together, we’ll take care of them.”

I leaned in to rub my nose against his cheek affectionately, which he appreciated.  But as he turned his head to give me a kiss, my hand swiped one of his triangles.  However, he caught me.

“Hey!”  He objected.  “Man, you really are hungry, aren’t you?”

“In more ways than one, dear husband.”  I giggled, before kissing him back.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: